24 Brilliant Ways Street Artists Make Damaged Cities Beautiful Again
1. Cracks are filled in with colorful LEGO bricks.
2. Missing bricks and smashed walls are turned into architectural geodes.
3. Books are used to support a weathered library.
4. Areas with exposed brick are covered up with giant bandages.
5. Cracks in the pavements are filled in with colorful crocheted yarn.
6. Mini gardens are planted in potholes.
7. Tiny scenes are created with flowers and toys in cracked streets and potholes.
8. Some artists temporarily fill potholes with really unusual things to add a sense of humor to the wreckage.
9. Chipped concrete streets and walls are turned into positive messages and playful silhouettes of animals.
10. Cartoony drawings that look like they’re interacting with chips and cracks are added to make the shabby environment seem more whimsical.
11. Tiny toys are placed around garbage to turn them into playful mini scenes.
12. Buildings, bridges, and weathered trees are painted to look like faces.
13. There truly is nothing that googly eyes can’t make better. That’s why people across the globe are participating in an “eyebombing” movement.
14. Ordinary structures are painted over to look like something new.
15. Abandoned buildings and underpasses are decorated with anamorphic illustrations.
16. 3D optical illusions are painted on streets, inviting pedestrians to interact and take pictures.
17. Countless knitters and crocheters put down their battle-needles to join forces and create gigantic cozies for trees, street poles, and any sort of public structure they come across in a movement known as “yarn bombing.”
18. Staircases are painted into more refreshing scenes and tiled into beautiful mosaics.
19. Chandeliers are placed on streetlights to make the neighborhood a little more fancy.
20. Telephone booths are transformed into aquariums.
21. Payphones are artistically redesigned.
22. Old public power boxes are painted to look like miniature apartment buildings.
23. Sometimes real architecture isn’t as pretty as imagined buildings, so artists get creative and visually transform the standing edifices into more welcoming and imaginative versions of themselves.
24. Street artists offer residents hope of a beautiful, alternate reality underneath the walls of their own city.
Please like us on Facebook